Based on recommendation of the Higuchi Biosciences Center (HBC) External Advisory Board, the HBC developed a strategic plan to better map the direction of the Center for the long-term.
- Continue HBC efforts to obtain large, programmatic research grants, plus focus overall on the expertise of the HBC Investigators in areas of translational biomedical sciences.
- Organize around three areas of scientific focus to which investigators may coalesce in formulating future grant proposals in translational science and with which the HBC may achieve greater recognition nationally and internationally.
- Enhance the support of the HBC grant services infrastructure by receiving annually renewable incremental support from the Office of Research and Graduate Studies.
- Continue efforts to assist in the early career development of post-doctoral and research associates, research assistant professors, and tenure-track assistant professors.
- Continue to support core facilities that enhance the competitiveness of HBC Investigators, including facilities for collaborative research at KU Medical Center.
- Continue efforts to obtain and renovate HBC space for future expansion of HBC-supported research programs, such as center grants and related core facilities.