The mission of the HBC Proposal Preparation Services is to assist researchers in submitting successful proposals. HBC Proposal Preparation Services are offered to any KU researcher who is preparing a grant in the area of bioscience/biomedical research.
What We Do For You
The level of services offered will be determined by the Principal Investigator’s preferences and the lead time given to the HBC. In order to assure quality service, we must be notified of pending proposals four to six weeks before the submission date, unless an external proposal review is requested then additional lead time would be needed. The greater the lead time, the greater the level of service will be! We provide assistance with a variety of grant proposal needs including:
- Gathering appropriate forms
- Preparing a budget
- Formatting the proposal
- Gathering material from other institutions involved with the project
- Completing subcontracts
- Submitting the proposal for institutional review
- Obtaining signatures
- Printing and mailing the proposal or submitting online
How to Submit a Proposal Through HBC
- Inform the HBC Proposal Preparation Services of your plans to submit a proposal. This can be done by emailing the Proposal Preparation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A member of the HBC staff will contact you and review the proposal process. You will jointly set deadlines for material submission and determine what services you wish the HBC to perform.
- The PI and the HBC staff will follow the agreed timeline and begin preparing the application materials
- The HBC will work with KUCR to obtain University of Kansas endorsements. The PI will review the final document, and the HBC staff will mail or submit it electronically as the agency requires.
Other Related Services
If requested, the HBC will have scientific text of proposals edited by an experienced scientific technical writer. As this service is contracted with an outside consultant, we must be informed of the requested service as soon as possible. Due to scheduling constraints, a minimum of four weeks notice is required. A draft of the text must be submitted for editing at least two weeks prior to submission deadline. If you are interested in this service, please contact Paula Himnan at email@example.com
If requested, the HBC will assist in gathering a group of knowledgeable external reviewers to provide individual blind reviews of the scientific text of your proposal to provide you with feedback prior to submission. Due to scheduling constraints, a minimum of six weeks notice is required. If you are interested in this service, please contact Paula Himnan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposal Development Travel Awards can be available to investigators working on the development of multi-investigator proposals. For more information, please consult our Proposal Development Travel Award page.
HBC will help you cut through the paperwork, such as gathering just-in-time documents requested by the funding agency.
The HBC will assist with the submission of the Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) required by the agencies.