Proposal Preparation services are offered to any University of Kansas researcher who is preparing a grant in the area of bioscience/biomedical research. Grants submitted through the HBC Proposal Preparation office will be administered by the O'LEARY Shared Service Center » when awarded. The level of services offered will be determined by the Principal Investigator's preferences and the lead time given the HBC. In order to assure quality service we must be notified of pending proposals as early in the process as possible. The greater the lead time, the greater the level of service will be!
Please Note: If investigators choose to participate with the HBC and have the HBC administer their awards, the University of Kansas indirect cost returns will be distributed as follows: Dean/Director — 10%, HBC — 6% (3% will be adminstered by the HBC and 3% will be administered at the PI's discretion with the assistance of the HBC for all grants except program projects and center awards).
How to submit a grant through the HBC Proposal Preparation Office:
- Inform the HBC Proposal Preparation Office of your plans to submit a proposal. This can be done in three ways:
- Complete the Initial Contact/Proposal Information Sheet and fax to 785-864-3578.
- Email the Proposal Preparation Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone the Proposal Preparation Office at 785-864-4244 or 785-864-8015.
- A member of the HBC staff will meet with you and review the proposal process. You will jointly set deadlines for material submission and determine what services you wish the HBC to perform.
- The PI and the HBC staff will follow the agreed timeline and begin preparing the application materials
- The HBC will work with KUCR to obtain University of Kansas endorsements. The PI will review the final document, and the HBC staff will mail or submit it as the agency requires.
- Once the Agency has granted the award, the grant will be administered by the O'LEARY Shared Service Center ».