The mission of the HBC Proposal Preparation Services is to assist researchers in submitting successful proposals. HBC Proposal Preparation Services are offered to any KU researcher who is preparing a grant in the area of bioscience/biomedical research.
How to Submit a Proposal Through HBC
- Inform the HBC Proposal Preparation Services of your plans to submit a proposal. This can be done by emailing the Proposal Preparation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A member of the HBC staff will contact you and review the proposal process. You will jointly set deadlines for material submission and determine what services you wish the HBC to perform.
- The PI and the HBC staff will follow the agreed timeline and begin preparing the application materials
- The HBC will work with KUCR to obtain University of Kansas endorsements. The PI will review the final document, and the HBC staff will mail or submit it electronically as the agency requires.
What We Do For You
The level of services offered will be determined by the Principal Investigator’s preferences and the lead time given to the HBC. In order to assure quality service, we must be notified of pending proposals four to six weeks before the submission date. The greater the lead time, the greater the level of service will be! We provide assistance with a variety of grant proposal need including:
- Gathering appropriate forms
- Preparing a budget
- Formatting the proposal
- Gathering material from other institutions involved with the project
- Completing subcontracts
- Submitting the proposal for institutional review
- Obtaining signatures
- Printing and mailing the proposal or submitting online
Note: For all awarded general grants, three percent of F&A will be administered at the Principal Investigator’s discretion with the assistance of the HBC. Programmatic grants and Training grants follow other rules.