Xiaoqing (Sarah) Wu
- Associate Research Professor, Higuchi Biosciences Center
- Co-Director, Biological Irradiation Laboratory
- Co-Director, Experimental and Preclinical Imaging Laboratory
Integrated Science Building, room 3188
Xiaoqing Wu joined Dr. Liang Xu’s lab at the University of Kansas as a postdoctoral researcher in April, 2012. She was promoted to Assistant Research Professor in August, 2016, and the same time as Co-Director of the Biological Irradiation Laboratory and the Experimental and Preclinical Imaging Laboratory.
Dr. Wu’s research interest focuses on drug discovery for novel small-molecule based cancer therapy targeting RNA binding proteins.
Dr. Wu received her Ph.D. from Southeast University, Nanjing, China in 2010. She worked in Jiangsu Chia Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd before joining KU.
Selected Publications —
- Xu B, Fu Z, Meng Y, Wu X, Wu B, Xu L, Jiang J, Li L, Chen Z. Gemcitabine enhances cell invasion via activating HAb18G/CD147-EGFR-pSTAT3 signaling. Oncotarget 2016 (In press).
- Slone S, Anthony SR, Wu X, Benoit JB, Aube J, Xu L, Tranter M. Activation of HuR downstream of p38 MAPK promotes cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. Cellular Signaling 2016 (In press).
- Wu X, Tang W, Marquez T, Li K, Highfill C, He F, Lian J, Lin J, Fuchs J, Ji M, Li L, Xu L. Overcoming chemo/radio-resistance of pancreatic cancer by inhibiting STAT3 signaling. Oncotarget 2016; 7(10): 11708-11723. PMID: 26887043.
- Wu X, Lan L, Wilson DM, Marquez RT, Tsao WC, Gao P, Roy A, Turner B.A., McDonald P, Tunge JA, Rogers SA, Dixon DA, Aubé J, Xu L. Identification and Validation of Novel Small Molecule Disruptors of HuR-mRNA Interaction. ACS Chem Biol 2015; 10(6): 1476-1784. PMC4631057.
- Cai J, Wei H, Hong KH, Wu X, Cao M, Zong X, Li L, Sun C, Chen J, Ji M. Discovery and preliminary evaluation of 2-aminobenzamide and hydroxamate derivatives containing 1,2,4-oxadiazole moiety as potent histone deacetylase inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem 2015; 96: 1-13. PMID: 25874326.
- Lan L, Appelman C, Smith AR, Yu J, Larsen S, Marquez RT, Liu H, Wu X, Gao P, Roy A, Anbanandam A, Gowthaman R, Karanicolas J, De Guzman RN, Rogers S, Aubé J, Ji M, Cohen RS, Neufeld KL, Xu L. Natural product (-)-gossypol inhibits colon cancer cell growth by targeting RNA-binding protein Musashi-1. Mol Oncol 2015; 9(7):1406-1420. PMC4523432.
- Cai J, Wei H, Hong KH, Wu X, Zong X, Cao M, Wang P, Li L, Sun C, Chen B, Zhou G, Chen J, Ji M. Discovery, bioactivity and docking simulation of Vorinostat analogues containing 1,2,4-oxadiazole moiety as potent histone deacetylase inhibitors and antitumor agents. Bioorg Med Chem 2015; 23(13): 3457-3471. PMID: 25953722.
- Cao C, Wu X, Kindscher K, Xu L, Timmermann B. Withanolides and Sucrose Esters from Physalis neomexicana. J Nat Prod 2015; 78(10): 2488-2493. PMID: 26492982.