Large Format Poster Printing
Higuchi Biosciences Center has a Large Format Printer available to meet the needs of HBC Participants. Posters can be printed on either 36" or 42" paper. HBC participants and members of their research groups have access to the service.
Poster Printing Information
Email email@example.com to schedule a printing appointment as soon as you find out that you need a poster printed. Please note the following:
- Capacity is limited so individuals must schedule a printing time a minimum of 2 business days in advance.
- Notification of fewer than 2 business days will be considered a Rush Job and a $50 special services fee will apply.
When scheduling your print time, be aware that posters usually take between 20-30 minutes to spool and print. You are therefore not required to be present on-site at the beginning of your appointment time. We will e-mail you to inform you when your poster is ready for pick up. Your poster can be picked up at anytime Monday to Friday between 8:00 am to noon or 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Before or by the start of your appointment time, e-mail your poster file to firstname.lastname@example.org. HBC accepts poster files in Adobe Acrobat .pdf format only (these should be generated so as to keep all graphics at high resolution and the document at correct dimensions). As a precaution, we request that you also send the original file if it is in either Powerpoint or Publisher format. You are not required to be present on-site at the beginning of your appointment time since posters usually take between 20-30 minutes to spool and print. We will e-mail you to inform you when your poster is ready for pick up. Your poster can be picked up at anytime Monday to Friday between 8:00 am to noon or 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
In the e-mail body, please include the following information:
- Poster size (NOTE: one dimension must be either 36" or 42")
- Paper stock: matte (36" only) or glossy (36" or 42")
- Requested due date
- Account/Grant # to be charge
- Phone number (indicate the best way to contact you about last-minute difficulties)
- Research Director (HBC-participating PI who will approve the charge)
- Name of the event where the poster is being presented
- Do you want additional copies printed
- Will you need a cardboard poster mailing tube?
Due to the possibility of virus transmission from memory sticks and/or CDs, we require all poster files be submitted via email to email@example.com. If you believe your file is too large to email, please contact us ahead of your appointment time.
The Higuchi Biosciences Center can provide the following resources:
- Template for 36" X 48" poster
- Template for 42" X 56" poster
- KU Fonts Files
- Explanation of KU Graphic Convention
If you are interested in any of these resources, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The KU Visual Identity standards are also available online on the KU Brand Center website.
If files are submitted at least 24 hours before your printing appointment, an 11" x 17" proof may be viewed before the final printing. Posters submitted less than 24 hours in advance may not be eligible for the proofing process.
Poster files submitted for proof printing should be completely finalized. These proofs are NOT for proof-reading of content; they are your opportunity to confirm that the print quality is acceptable and that there are no problems with layout, image, or font changes that may have occurred as a result of converting to PDF.
|Paper Stock||36" Posters||42" Posters|