Internal Funding Programs
To accomplish the mission of the HBC in terms of enhancing multidisciplinary and inter-disciplinary research in the biomedical sciences, the Center has developed a variety of programs funded through indirect cost returns to the HBC and endowed funds donated to the HBC for the support of biomedical research and graduate fellowships. These programs are:
- J.R. & Inez Jay Fund (Funding of startup, Pilot Projects of Collaborative Research)
- Proposal Development Travel Award
Other programs such as the HBC Investigator Support and the Equipment Purchase Contribution to Department are occasionally offered by the HBC when funds are available:
- HBC Investigator Support in Unique Circumstances:
- On occasion, investigators are faced with the unexpected termination of a grant, or with a gap in funding due to budgetary issues in the funding agencies. The HBC has provided relief under such situations when a request from an investigator has been deemed to be meritorious.
- Equipment Purchase Contributions to Departments:
- Where a special need clearly exists, HBC has occasionally contributed matching funds to departments to enable the purchase of specialized, multi-user equipment items that would enhance the research capabilities of a number of HBC Investigators.