- 2019 Evaluations – The 2019 Staff Performance Evaluation forms are now available in the Performance Management System. Please be sure to complete your self-evaluation by January 16, 2020. For assistance in completing the form, you can use the Performance Evaluation Step-by-Step Instructions on the Human Resource Management Website or contact Human Resource Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-4946.
- Discretionary Day – the last day to use the 2019 Discretionary Day before losing it is December 28, 2019
Kansas IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (K-INBRE) Call for Proposals
The K-INBRE Incentives and Awards Committee is calling for proposals to support four types of awards:
- Bridging Grants: Funding will not exceed $40,000 in direct costs.
- Partnerships for Translational Research Training Awards: Funding will not exceed $50,000 in direct costs.
- Postdoctoral Awards: Funding will not exceed $25,000 in direct costs for one period of funding.
- Developmental Research Project Program Awards: Two-year award with funding not exceeding $75,000 in direct costs per year for a total of $150,000. A letter of intent needs to be submitted through REDCap by noon on November 1, 2019
KU-Lawrence submissions should have a signature from an authorized official prior to submission to the K-INBRE Administrative Office.The deadline to submit full proposals for any of the four awards is December 2, 2019 at noon. Awards will be announced before May 1, 2020. For more information on these and other K-INBRE funding opportunities, visit the K-INBRE webpage.
HBC Annual New Faculty Lunch
The HBC would like to invite all new biosciences faculty to join us at the HBC annual new faculty lunch. This is an occasion to meet the HBC staff, talk with other new faculty members from last year’s group and network with HBC PIs/Internal advisory committee members. Lunch will be provided.
Time: November 6 from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Location: Smissman Research Laboratories (West Campus), Room 152
Please contact Paula Hinman at email@example.com or 785-864-0908 for more information or to sign up.
HBC New Internal Advisory Committee Members
We would like to welcome two new members of the HBC Internal Advisory Committee. They are Jennifer Robinson, assistant professor of chemical and petroleum engineering and Yong Zeng, associate professor of chemistry. The HBC advisory committee chaired by John Stobaugh, interim director of HBC, will consequently be comprised of nine other members representing departments to which HBC participants belong.
KU Frontiers (www.kufrontiers.org) is the University of Kansas Clinical and Translational Science Institute. Its purpose is to help scientists in the clinical and translational sciences to access resources, facilitate collaboration between researchers, communities and institutions, and provide training for researchers and their teams. Investigators should familiarize themselves with the services and support available through the institute. Several funding opportunities are also available such as:
- Pilot Awards to advance clinical and translational research
- Trailblazer Awards to provide funding for targeted research
- Training Programs for pre- and postdoctoral students and junior investigators
Other support and training programs are also available. The HBC is planning to invite Frontiers members to hold an informational session during the spring semester. Please watch for an announcement after the New Year.