The mission of the HBC is to enhance the environment for interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary basic and applied research in all fields related to the biomedical sciences. To that end, the HBC provides support to investigators whose scientific effort falls within the general category of biomedical research. In Practical terms, this means:
- Organizing multi-investigator research programs
- Funding of Startup or Pilot Projects of Collaborative Research
- Advising Young Investigators on how to compete for research grants, how to set up their laboratories, and how to establish collaborations across disciplines.
- Funding the acquisition of Shared Instrumentation.
- Funding of Travel Awards for Proposal Development.
- Supporting External Review of Pre-Proposals.
- Supporting Symposia and Lecture Series.
- Offering research Professor Appointments.
- Supporting HBC Investigators in Unique Circumstances.
- Contributing to Department Equipment Purchases.
- Relieving our participating researchers of the non-scientific work involved in grant writing and submission.
- Offering post-award research administration, finance, and personnel services, including assistance with searches and visa applications through the the O'LEARY Shared Service Center »