- Training on New Financial Systems: Training sessions for the new financial systems are now available. Please visit the Financial Systems Transformation site to register for applicable training sessions through My Talent. Town Hall Meeting Recordings are also available at that site.
- Implementation Dates Update: Important dates to remember regarding the implementation of the new financial systems are:
- November 20: Streamlyne (grant proposals) available
- December 4: FITC (P2P, DARBI billing system, purchasing, payments, grant financials, assets) available
- December 5: Concur (p-card reconciliation and travel) available
- January 2018: PBSC (planning for non-grant funds and budget preparation) available
- January 2018: OAC (Oracle Analytical Cloud) reporting available
- Proposals Preparation: If you are thinking about submitting a proposal, please contact the HBC proposal preparation team (email@example.com) as soon as possible. All proposals now have to be initiated through Streamlyne by a proposal specialist. Once this first step is completed, the proposal specialist will initiate an e-mail to the PI containing a link to the PI questionnaire, which replaces the PI Checklist web form (disabled on November 30). The PI will use his/her KU credentials to log in to Streamlyne, and use the left-side navigation buttons to access the Questions tab. The PI can then complete the PI Questionnaire, save it, and log out of Streamlyne by clicking on his/her name at the top right corner of the screen. Please keep in mind that because of the learning process everyone needs to go through, completing proposals may take longer than usual and therefore, we asked that you contact the proposal preparation team as soon as you plan to submit a proposal. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated in this matter.
- Employee Evaluations for 2017: The self-evaluation process for USS and UPS is currently open in the Performance Management System. All employees have until January 12, 2018 to complete the self-evaluation form. For assistance in completing the form, employees may use the Performance Evaluation Step-by-Step Instructions available on the HR website. Training is also accessible through the Learning Management System (LMS). You can enroll through the LMS or by contacting Human Resource Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-4946. Supervisor Step-by-Step Instructions are also available on the HR website.
- Discretionary Day: The last day to use the 2017 Discretionary Day before losing it is December 30, 2017
The National Science Foundation (NSF) Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG) 2018
The NSF has issued a new Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG) that will be effective for all proposals submitted or due on or after January 29, 2018. All significant changes to the PAPPG are listed in the first three pages of the pdf document. For proposals submitted or due before January 29, 2018, please still refer to the 2017 PAPPG.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Interim and Final RPPR Project Outcomes Section now available via NIH RePORTER
The NIH intends to publish and make available to the public all Project Outcome Sections of Final and Interim Research Performance Progress Reports (RPPRs) submitted on or after October 1, 2017. Only NIH Staff approved Project Outcomes will be published via RePORTER. If Project Outcomes descriptions are found unacceptable, recipients will be requested by NIH to submit revised Project Outcomes statements using the Additional Material functionality in place for the Final and Interim RPPR. More details are available on Notice Number NOT-OD-18-103
The HBC will be closed for Christmas and New Year’s Day. Also, for the period of December 26 to December 29, the HBC Complex buildings’ exterior doors will be unlocked only from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. If you need to meet with someone outside of this time period, please make sure the individual with whom you are meeting knows you are coming so that he/she may let you in the building. Also, please note that although the HBC will be open during the days preceding the closure dates, some of the staff will be taking vacation time to visit with their families. If you need to meet with a staff member or have proposals to submit mid-December or mid-January, please make sure to contact us ahead of time and submit your proposal files early enough to avoid a rush situation.
This is the last HBC News Bulletin to be published this calendar year. Therefore, the HBC staff would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone very Happy Holidays!!!