- Upcoming KU Financial Systems Transformation:
- Diane Goddard announced a few weeks ago that the replacement of the financial system currently used by KU (PeopleSoft 9.0) was pushed back to mid-October to allow time for the implementation of a new version of the Oracle Cloud applications and for the completion of groups’ tasks and analyses. The main impact for you will be the replacement of KUPPS by Financials in the Cloud (FITC) for supplies/equipment orders and in grant reports as Budcast will be replaced by Business Intelligence Cloud Services (BICS). Updates are regularly posted on the project website.
- Because of the retirement of PeopleSoft, a new proposal preparation system made by Streamlyne, will also be implemented in mid- October. The main impacts to investigators will be:
- The replacement of the PI Compliance Checklist by a questionnaire accessible within the system, which will be required to be completed at proposal initiation.
- The PI, Co-PI and Key personnel will be required to complete the certification questionnaire before the proposal is routed.
- The proposal routing workflow will also change as approval from Chairs, Deans and Center Directors will be required before the proposal submission.
If you have missed Tuesday’s open forum in Strong Hall, please take the time to attend this Friday’s session at 11:00 am in Simons Auditorium. Future updates will be posted on the project website.
- Two other systems will also be implemented by KU in the near future: Concur, a new system that will be used to manage travel and related expenses, and DARBI (Distributed AR/Billing) that will be used for grant billing. The timeline for these systems is still being evaluated. More information to come.
Please know that we will make every effort to keep you informed and help you, in conjunction with the PBR SSC, to adjust to these new systems.
- NSF moving to its new facility starting late August:
The National Science Foundation’s (NSF) brand new building in Alexandria, VA is scheduled for completion this August. The NSF will undertake relocation of all employees from late August to October. Because of this, some grant proposal application deadlines may be brought up or pushed back. If you plan to apply for an NSF grant within the next few months, please make sure to revisit the NSF site to make sure that the deadline has not changed. We will also remain vigilant about these deadlines if you inform us of your intent to apply for an NSF grant.
- Fiscal Year End
Fiscal year end closing dates have not been published as of yet. Please check with the PBR SSC for further updates or go to KU’s Procurement Services website to check if updated Fiscal Year End Procedures have been posted.
J.R. & Inez Jay Fund Proposal Submission
We would like to thank everyone who submitted a J.R. & Inez Jay Fund proposal application for consideration. We received thirteen proposals this year! The award recipients will be announced sometime in June.
Have a great summer!
The next HBC News Bulletin edition will not be published until July. Therefore, the HBC staff would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a great summer time!